Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Back to School

Today is the first day of my last semester of college. At least, for the incredibly long overdue bachelor's degree. It is entirely likely that I will return for something with more letters attached to it in the nearish future.

Its a little scary, the end of school looming on the horizon like, well, like something large and scary looming on the horizon. Anyway, its funny, a year ago at this time, it felt like I was doing something. Taking charge of my life. Moving forward. And so on. I am woman, rawr, or whatever.

Now, its almost done, and I find I am casting about again for the next big step. Great, I'll have a nice little degree. Now what? Do I truly want to go on with this career? Training an ending parade of snot nosed teenagers, overly pompous PhDs, cocky computer geeks? Maybe. That part of the job is tolerable. It the endless stream of paperwork produced by these folks that is tedious and soul draining. Meh.

Plus side of last semester - first class is Marketing.

Down side of last semester - I wholly dislike the professor's teaching style.

Wish me luck. And, you know, if you have a lead on a good lecturing / convention organizing job that pays relatively decent money...you know where to find me.

1 Comments:

At Sun Sep 16, 06:47:00 PM PDT, Blogger Marie said...

You GO, Girl! (Three snaps up!) I did sign up to go back last Fall, but Life sidetracked me. So, now I will be totally feel like a Miss Jane Pittman getting a degree by the time I do..but I still want to. I may have to look into distance learning stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home