Thursday, July 27, 2006

Reading and other Indoor Sports

I saw a link to this in another blog, and have decided I like it...they offer a different literary question every week, here's todays:

Booking Through Thursday




  1. Have you read Lord of the Rings? Yes!


  2. If so, how many times have you read it? Just once? Or so many you can't count? Nearly once a year since I was eight years old. That's around 20-somthing times.


  3. If not, why not? Not your cup of tea? Mmm, tea while reading LoTR. And a nice fire...


  4. And, while we're on the subject, did you see the Oscar-winning movie(s)? What did you think? Saw them. Like them. Don't love them the way I love the books, and I felt very strongly that the producers lost the vision by the third movie. The 'feel' of the books was lost in all the special effects and the oversimplification of parts of the end story.




Its funny, I read a couple of blogs that had last weeks question in them, and was amazed, as the authors of the Meme are, at how many people included the Lord of the Rings as their most tattered/beloved book. Since I read mostly knitting blogs, it made me wonder...how many knitters are fans of SF? How many SF fans are knitters? Do the two share a certain underlying desire to connect past, present, and future in some tangible or intangible way? I leave it to you, dear readers, to decide.

On the knitting front, lots of theories on mitred rectangles, I'm hoping to have time at lunch today to cast on and try one or two of them out. Wish me luck. ;)

1 Comments:

At Thu Jul 27, 08:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger --Deb said...

It does seem like there are a lot of knitters who love the fantasy genre . . . I don't quite understand the phenomena, either, but since it gives me more people to talk to about things I love? Fine with me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home