Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mitred Rectangles!

I did it! Okay, so a) The camera is once again lurking in Dad's glove box, and b) I had to undergo some horribly awefully vicious blocking to get an actual rectangle to emerge, but it is possible, sort of.

Now, I am not super fond of the vicious blocking look (Tiny rows on one side, super stretched rows on the other) so I have started experimenting with a short rowing concept that has some promise. Hopefully, I will be able to go spelunking for the camera tonight and have some pictures of the current attempts and the second short row attempt, since the first one got ripped right back out again.

On a non-knitting front, the horrible heat wave has ended on a not so wonderful note. A large fire is buring in the Trinity Alps to my West, which means the smoke is hovering over the towns I live and work in, causing all manner of fun asthma related issues, which translates into far more lying about and not doing anything than I prefer.

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 02, 03:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Marie said...

Yikes with the asthma thing! As you know, I've been there, done that (and in fact, am still doing so!), so I can relate....be well! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home